Are you running Windows XP? Are you feeling the pressure of creating a deployment plan? Have no fear! Leveraging learning’s from two Windows 7 early adopters this session will give you the skills you need to proceed with your own deployment. The session will focus on free Windows 7 deployment planning and deployment tools that customize operating system packages and automate deployment planning and network deployments seamlessly. We will dive right into:
- How to use the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) tool to identify your current hardware and application inventory.
- How to use the Windows Automated Install Kit (WAIK) to build a customized image for your organization.
- How to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to build, deploy and maintain Windows installation images.
- How to migrate the end users profile from their current installation to the Windows 7 installation using the User State Migration Toolkit (USMT).
- How to integrate MDT and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to perform Lite Touch installations of Windows 7.
Finally we will look at how we can leverage the various tools to solve any application compatibility issues you might encounter. We will look at how you can overcome common obstacles using the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), or larger obstacles using Windows XP Mode and Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) and even how you can leverage Application Virtualization (App-V) to streamline application deployment and ensure all your applications work!
Please note: there is no cost to attend this event.
Todd is a Systems Administrator for the County of Lennox & Addington, Information Services Department. Supporting the Information Technology needs of the Libraries and Museum throughout their 12 points of service, he is responsible for managing and maintaining the entire IT infrastructure from server to desktops.
With over 10 years’ experience, Todd has a vast depth of knowledge with Microsoft technologies. Todd is a Windows Desktop Experience MVP, a Microsoft Certified Trainer and is involved in the IT community in both Kingston and Ottawa.
David E. Myers
David is an IT professional and developer at the Upper Canada District School Board (Brockville, ON). He primarily works with SQL Server, SharePoint and Windows Client / Server infrastructure, but like many Canadian IT professionals he wears many hats. As a SQL Server MVP and a member of Microsoft’s Springboard Technical Experts Panel (STEP) he is constantly looking to connect with people that share his passion for technology. In his spare time David works as a contract Microsoft Certified Trainer in the Kingston and Ottawa areas.
Kingston Frontenac Public Library
Calvin Park Branch – Community Room
88 Wright Cres
Kingston, Ontario K7L 4T9
6:00 p.m. Event registration
8:20 p.m. Q & A
8:30 p.m. Door Prizes
Pizza and Pop will be served, Please RSVP to help us order enough of both.