Are you running Windows XP? Are you feeling the pressure of creating a deployment plan? Have no fear! Leveraging learning’s from one of early adopters this session will give you the skills you need to proceed with your own deployment. The session will focus on free Windows 7 deployment planning and deployment tools that customize operating system packages and automate deployment planning and network deployments seamlessly. We will dive right into:
- How to use the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) tool to identify your current hardware and application inventory.
- How to use the Windows Automated Install Kit (WAIK) to build a customized image for your organization.
- How to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to build, deploy and maintain Windows installation images.
- How to migrate the end users profile from their current installation to the Windows 7 installation using the User State Migration Toolkit (USMT).
- How to integrate MDT and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to perform Lite Touch installations of Windows 7.
Finally we will look at how we can leverage the various tools to solve any application compatibility issues you might encounter. We will look at how you can overcome common obstacles using the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), or larger obstacles using Windows XP Mode and Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) and even how you can leverage Application Virtualization (App-V) to streamline application deployment and ensure all your applications work!
Todd is a Systems Administrator for the County of Lennox & Addington, Information Services Department. Supporting the Information Technology needs of the Libraries and Museum throughout their 12 points of service, he is responsible for managing and maintaining the entire IT infrastructure from server to desktops.
With over 10 years’ experience, Todd has a vast depth of knowledge with Microsoft technologies. Todd is a Windows Export: IT Pro MVP, a Microsoft Certified Trainer and is involved in the IT community in both Kingston and Ottawa. Todd was born and raised in Northern Ontario and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Laurentian University.
Register for this event here: http://nosdcevent2windows7.eventbrite.com/