Garth had a post a few week back about his certification achievements this past year. Seeing this is the last week of the year, I was reflecting on what I accomplished this past year. Listing what you have accomplished in the past year along with setting goals for the future is a good way to mark your progress and then set goals to achieve going ahead.
This past year I have been fairly steady with the certifications I passed the following exams:
- 70-640 TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- 70-642 TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-625 TS: Connected Home Integrator
- 70-626 Consumer Sales Specialist
- 70-622 PRO: Supporting and Troubleshooting Applications on a Windows Vista Client for Enterprise Support Technicians
- 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure
- 70-297 Designing a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure
As a result of these exams I received the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician and the MCSE 2003 credential.
In 2009 my plan is to pass the following exams:
- 70-643 TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-646 PRO: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- 70-647 PRO: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- 70-236 TS: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
- 70-635 TS: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008, Desktop Deployment
As well as these Microsoft exams, I also want to do an ITIL course this year and Security+ and maybe look at the CCNA from Cisco but probably won’t write that exam in 2009. I may also try and write some other Microsoft exams besides the ones above, but we’ll see how it goes. I am going to try to get through the ones listed first.